Friday, June 8, 2007

Italy is great, Life is good

I feel like I need to write something, since I believe in journaling, and keeping people updated on the events that take place in this life. I was just reading something I wrote while I was in Brazil, and all the memories of people, things said, stuff done, and emotions experienced flooded back from that place and what a wonderful experience it was.

So, Italy has been a great experience, one of which I feel will always be with me in one way or another. All the things learned, places visited, people met, and books read. It is one thing to know that God is good, but another to experience his goodness. I have been experiencing his goodness in many different ways. God allowed the hard drive on my mac to crash and I have been computer-less now for about three weeks, I was upset at first but then realized it was for my good, because it had become to much of a distraction to me, I was on it all the time. Now, I have been able to focus more on studies and on relationships, which are more important. I am trying to get my computer fixed now, I took it to a shop in a little town called Valvasone about two miles from here, so it should be fixed soon hopefully.

There is only one week left of school, and then I am off. Lord willing, on the 30th of this month I will embark from Venice to visit Greece for about six days. I plan on visiting Corinth, Athens, and a few greek islands. After this I will make my way back up through Italy to Switzerland, and hopefully spend about two months at L’Abri. I am excited about living life, and looking forward to all that God has in store for me. I am grateful and thankful that He has given me such amazing opportunities, and continues to expand my vision, and increase my faith as I stay obedient to what he is telling me to do.

I have been accepted into Moody Bible Institute, but am on the waiting list, which basically means I am not fully accepted until they have room for me. I may have to wait until Spring of 08 to enter, or even later than that. I am going to talk with a few other schools as well to see how many WOL credits will transfer, because Moody will not accept very many. I don’t really like the idea that I could be in college for four more years just to get an undergraduate degree, but we will see, while I may plan and have ideas, it is God who will ultimately give an answer as to where I will go.

Prayer Requests:

1. Safe travels.

2. Computer to be fixed.

3. Last week of school, to be focused on the task at hand.

4. Wisdom and discernment on where God is leading as far as which college to attend.

5. A renewed sense of what God is calling me to do.

No comments: