Friday, June 8, 2007

San Lorenzo, Italia

Well, I have been living in Italy now for about 6 weeks, and am enjoying it thoroughly. I am living in a small town of about 300 people in the Friuli Venezio-Giulia region in the northeast section of Italy, about an hour and a half north of Venice. We are about an hour train ride from the country of Slovenia, and about two hours away from Austria, add a couple to that and you’re in Switzerland. I am learning a lot about life and what it is all about. We have had the opportunity to study Evangelism, Missions, and Intro to Fine Arts. We have also had the opportunity to travel and see many important sites in Rome, Florence, and Venice. We had one week of ministry of which we used various methods for evangelism, we spent every day in the nearest big city called Udine going to different plazas and ministering to the people. I will spend five more weeks here and then I am hopefully off to L’Abri in Switzerland.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

c

Anonymous said...

Hi there I happen to be an italian guy from Udine right where you lived and I just stepped into your blog. I belong to the LDS Church. Little did I know actually about other religious proseliting groups in my city. Even if we don't share the same theology, it is good for me to know that out there there are other young people trying to be christlike. Keep the good work.
Daniele from nearby Udine
daniele_bressan@yahoo.it