Saturday, October 13, 2007

New Begennings

Hello Blog world,

Please forgive my absence. To say the least, a lot has happened since my last post, I may struggle as where I am to begin.

I finished my term at L'Abri in Switzerland with joy to complete another chapter in my life, as well as anxiety for what laid ahead and sadness for leaving a place and people for whom I grew to love.

After L'Abri I trained back down to Rome to meet up with my parents, we spent about two and a half weeks training through Italy, Switzerland, Germany, And ended up in Paris, where they caught there flight home. While I continued down to Barcelona, and Madrid, where I caught my flight back to the States. It was a great time, and we were able to see a lot of really great places. I was relieved to be done with traveling to tell you the truth. Although after the rest now, I am eager to continue on my next adventure, of which I have no idea when or where it will be.

When I got home, I was planning on getting a job or two, and trying to work until January, when I was then hoping to come up to Chicago to finish up a degree at Moody Bible Institute. Five days after I got home though, I received a call from my cousin (Laura) who lives in Park Ridge (30 minutes from downtown Chicago), inviting me to live with her until January. Well, as soon as I got off the phone I knew I would be coming up. So I started right away looking at flights and other methods for a safe arrival to Chicago.

Rachel Staab, a very amazing girl, who God has graciously put into my life, decided that she would make the venture with me and agreed to drive me up. So we got to Chicago, and I found a job rather quickly at Starbucks, and have another job at a catering company that is pending. Rachel was also able to find a job and a nice apartment about 3 miles south of downtown.

In other news: concerning Moody. It looks like I will be attending the Moody Bible Institute starting in January. I have already bought one correspondence course, and am planning on working on it over the next month(s), until completion. I am looking at double majoring in both Applied Linguistics, and Biblical Languages. We will see though what the future holds.

I have way to many photos to try and post here, so I will try and make a photo album some time and post them up for your viewing pleasure.

No comments: