Friday, June 8, 2007

Blue Like Jazz

I was just in the middle of praying before going to sleep, and felt the urge to start writing. I am not much of a writer, nor am I consistent in writing a personal diary, but I have recently finished a book entitled “Blue Like Jazz” It talks about non religious thoughts on Christian spiritually. To say the least it was a very interesting book. It made me think a lot about how much of a selfish human being I am, I mean how much time I actually spend in the day thinking of myself, and not of others, all the things I could do that the Lord has gifted me to do, to help people. It helped me realize that it is unhealthy to live your life in a bubble, in other words isolated, alone, cut off from all human contact, friendship and love of other human beings. Because it is something that we all need, friends, communion, love, partners to call up and talk to about serious issues of life. I need to be like that. I need to learn to live my life centrally connected to people, because it is very unhealthy to live isolated. My passion to learn has been reunited by this book, and I am very encouraged to continue living for Christ, separated from the world, while living in it. I am more than pumped about learning the Greek language for a number of reasons. Because, for one I think it would be cool to learn an old language like that, and I have always been interested in it, also I would love to be able to read the Word of God in its original language and meaning.

No comments: