Friday, June 8, 2007

Palabra de Vida

As far as Argentina goes, all is well. I have decided not go to Pichi Traful or San Martin de Los Andes. Because I still have A LOT more planning to do before we are set for the trip. I still haven’t heard back from Brazil yet. A Brazilian on campus named Diego has sent an email to the director of WOL Brazil concerning Leighton and I working at one of there camps for the month of January, we are still waiting a response. If we can’t get Brazil, I think we will just spend January in Bolivia; there is plenty we could do there. It is really cool seeing doors open here and there for this trip. It seems like every time I mention this trip to some one, they invite me with open arms to stop at their house. Pray for the Lord’s direction concerning all this planning. The Lord has to be number one in this!

I am studying about the first five books of the Bible (Pentateuch). Daniel Obel is the professor; it is a good class so far after one week, as well as homiletics, which is the art of writing and preaching sermons, also a good class. We watched a video yesterday in Pentateuch about the Exodus account when the people of Israel were lead by Moses from Egypt crossing the red sea on into Saudi Arabia. The Lord parted the waters there and killed the Armies that were chasing them. It was a very interesting video, it showed evidence of the place where they had crossed the sea. As they dove down to get footage of the ocean floor it was almost like a bridge of land had been formed for them to cross, on each side were to big valleys (similar to The Grand Canyon), it is awesome to see how God planned this geographically from before He created the world. They also found many coral reefs that were in the shape of ancient wheels shafts and carriages such as the ones they would have used in that era. It was really cool to see all that, and it rekindled the fire and passion inside me to go see it all first hand. Lord bring me to Israel, to see your land!!! I decided to start washing my clothes by hand; I figured it would be good for me. It is very cheap and practically every one else here does it so why shouldn’t I? So, I washed my first load on Wednesday, and received from the experience two nice scabs on two different fingers. I need to learn how to do it right. Jaja I like making fun of myself.

No comments: